Jared C. Tilton | Getty Images
Six NASCAR Cup Series teams and three on the Xfinity Series side were fined Tuesday for lug-nut violations during each series’ weekend doubleheader at Dover International Speedway.
The safety violations for having one unsecured lug nut apiece resulted in monetary fines for each team’s respective crew chief — $10,000 in the Cup Series and $5,000 in the Xfinity Series. Both series conducted a pair of races on the 1-mile Delaware track.
The following Cup Series teams (in numerical order) were fined:
- No. 3 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet for driver Austin Dillon (crew chief Justin Alexander)
- No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota for driver Denny Hamlin (crew chief Chris Gabehart)
- No. 20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota for driver Erik Jones (crew chief Chris Gayle)
- No. 21 Wood Brothers Racing Ford for driver Matt DiBenedetto (crew chief Greg Irwin)
- No. 22 Team Penske Ford for driver Joey Logano (crew chief Paul Wolfe)
- No. 95 Leavine Family Racing Toyota for driver Christopher Bell (crew chief Jason Ratcliff)
Xfinity Series teams that drew fines were:
- No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota for driver Riley Herbst (crew chief Dave Rogers)
- No. 22 Team Penske Ford for driver Austin Cindric (crew chief Brian Wilson)
- No. 44 Martins Motorsports Chevrolet for driver Tommy Joe Martins (crew chief Buddy Sisco)