The Mets may have beat the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday, but that wasn’t on the mind of any player, coach or Mets fan when the news broke that Tom Seaver had passed on Monday at age 75 after a battle with dementia.
“The Franchise” is considered the greatest Met of all time, so the organization and the baseball community as a whole lost someone who was simply terrific on and off the field.
Here’s what happened in Mets Land on Wednesday, in case you missed it, and what’s on tap for Thursday…
– Remembering Tom Seaver, the Mets’ first true icon. >> Read More
– The baseball world was quick to react to the loss of Seaver, including former Mets like Mike Piazza and Doc Gooden. >> Read More
– SNY honors Seaver’s life and career. >> WATCH
– Gooden and John Franco recall advice Seaver gave them. >> Read More
– Listen. to Gary Cohen and Howie Rose powerful responses to Seaver’s death. >> Read More
– Seaver’s teammates in Ed Kranepool, Ron Swoboda and more remember “Tom Terrific.” >> Read More
What’s on Tap
The Mets and Yankees make up their final game of the regular season, with J.A. Happ and Robert Gsellman getting the start for their squads. The game starts at 4:10 p.m. at Citi Field, and coverage will begin on SNY at 3:30 p.m.