AUBURN, Ala. – The Alabama men’s tennis team closed with a strong final day at the Tiger Fall Invitational in Auburn, Ala., at the Yarbrough Tennis Center Sunday.
The Crimson Tide notched 11 wins on day three, including eight singles and three doubles victories. A total of seven of those singles wins came against Auburn, while all three doubles wins came against the host Tigers.
Senior Riccardo Roberto went three-for-three in singles contests this weekend, culminating in a 6-4, 2-6, 6-0 win over Auburn’s Jackson. Overall, the Tide notched 15 singles and five doubles wins on the weekend.
HEAD COACH GEORGE HUSAK SAID
“It was great to be back on the court and in competition again. On the first day we got our feet wet and on day two we were better. Today we finished diving into the deep end and had very good resolve. It was definitely the best of all three days and that’s what you want to see, improvement each day. We’ve got a lot to improve on but we also have plenty of time to do so this fall.”
- Zhe Zhou (Alabama) def. Tyler Stice (Auburn) 2-6, 6-4, 6-4
- Patrick Kaukovalta (Alabama) def. Tad Maclean (Auburn) 2-6, 6-4, 6-2
- Gabriel Diaz Freire (Alabama) def. Tim Dollman (Auburn) 6-4, 2-6, 6-4
- Riccardo Roberto (Alabama) def. Jackson Ross (Auburn) 6-4, 2-6, 6-0
- Jeremy Gschwendtner (Alabama) def. Spencer Gray (Auburn) 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
- Vincent Rettke (Alabama) def. Tom Wright (Auburn) 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
- Sam Fischer (Alabama) def. Diego Chavarria (Auburn) 6-3, 6-4
- Avi Shugar (Alabama) def. Brady Draheim (Ole Miss) 6-4, 6-1
- Maxwell Giddens (Auburn) def. Marcelo Sepulveda Garza (Alabama) 6-7, 7-5, 6-2
- Finn Murgett (Auburn) def. Alexey Nesterov (Alabama) 7-6 (2), 6-1
- The Crimson Tide returns to action Oct. 23-25 in Starkville, Miss., against Mississippi State, LSU, Tennessee and Ole Miss.
Get all the latest information on the team by following AlabamaMTN on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. General athletic news can also be found at UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram and Alabama Athletics on Facebook.